By: Joe Cardoso
If you are like me you are in mid-recovery mode from yesterdays college football action. Well SHAKE IT OFF, NFL Sunday is here and week 9 post-trade deadline action is about to begin. From top to bottom one of the better weeks we have had. With all that said grab that coffee and check out my ten thoughts, games and questions for the week.
- New Orleans Saints vs Los Angles Rams: If you watch ONE game this week make it the Saints Vs Rams. Yea, I said it and I am aware of the Packers and Patriots Sunday night game but come on have you seen the Packs defense? Brees and company face the young gunna Goff and my MVP so far Todd Gurley.
2. Minnesota Vikings Vs Detriot Lions: We keep waiting for the Vikings from last year to show up, is this that week? The front seven on defense has been the same the rest of the team has been up and down. The Lions minus Golden Tate what will that look like?
3. Washington Redskins vs Atlanta Falcons: Sounds great to say it and even better to type. The NFC East-leading Redskins added a good one in Ha-Ha Clinton Dix and the secondary and this would be a good win to extend the lead. The Skins defense is NASTY and has no fear. The NFC South is a dogfight and the Falcons have the weapons on offense to turn this season around, but the injuries on defense stand out. If Matty Ice and crew get things going can Alex Smith match it?
4. Tampa Bay Bucs vs Carolina Panthers: FitzMagic is back baby! Is this team going to stick with him? Without a lot of noise Cam Newton and Carolina have been steady this season and looking for win number 6. Good game for the Panthers D to flex a little bit and get some turnovers.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers vs Baltimore Ravens: Rumbling in Baltimore that if things don’t improve John Harbaugh may be gone. The Steelers offense is a walking highlight reel and so fun to watch. The defense is awful and hasn’t been good in a while minus T.J. Watt. Win this game and Pittsburgh tightens its grip on another AFC North title. For the Ravens, all is not lost and they have a history of coming out swinging when they face a tough test. Classic punch you in the mouth match up.
6. Houston Texans vs Denver Broncos: With a new weapon on the outside in Demaryius Thomas the Texans are much improved on offense. Paired with Hopkins this squad should be entertaining.
7. Los Angeles Chargers vs Seattle Seahawks: I have to give Pete Carroll and the Seahawks some love. The O-Line is coming along and starting to get a solid run game and letting Russell Wilson make plays. The Chargers hope to keep being that “other L.A.” team and no one is talking about them. Better know to start slow and end strong this is a new look for the Chargers. If you have time to check this game do it.
8. Kansas City Chiefs vs Cleveland Browns: Once again a new era for the Browns as they let go of their head coach and offensive coordinator. I am looking forward to the shootout of Mahomes and Mayfield. How good is this Browns defense? We will find out today.
9. New England Patriots vs Green Bay Packers: Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers what more do I need to say?
10. Which player in a new uniform will have the biggest impact?
Week 9 is a GO! Enjoy it and make sure to stick with Nuts And Bolts Sports for NFL coverage. Follow us @NutsAndBoltsSP or me @JoeCardoso301 Football time baby!