By: Joe Cardoso
I don’t know about you, but for me, after 4 weeks of college football, I am loving the action and drama each week. 4 down and we saw some pretenders exposed and other teams who I thought to be elite get beaten or at least look VERY shaky. Safe to say that Florida State can’t recover from the loss of its QB and the season is at a crossroad. Penn State went on the road and showed they can handle all this HYPE we have put on them. Who is that coming late to the party? Is that YOU TCU and Georgia? We missed you! It was like March madness on the field Saturday survive and advance mode was in full effect for Clemson, Oklahoma, Penn State, Michigan, and USC.
My player of the week had so many eye-popping moves I watched the replays at least 8 times Saquon Barkley 211 yards rushing and a touchdown. Playing Madden 18 in real life was fun to watch.
So, let’s check this week’s rankings.
- Alabama Crimson Tide: (3-0) To the players of Vanderbilt, I am sorry for the beat down but at least you can tell your kids you played vs Nick Saban. 78 TOTAL YARDS MY GOD MAN!!!
- Clemson Tigers: (4-0)
Not the best performance but coming off last week’s big game it’s understandable. Kelly Bryant must play better but the run game is getting GOOD.
- Penn State Nittany Lions: (4-0) If you JUST look at the box score you would say they are overrated. But a real fan will see that Trace McSorley is clutch and Barkley is money in the bank.
- USC Trojans: (3-0)
Sam Darnold is going to have a breakout game any week, now right? The defense has 10 takeaways in the last 2 games. Injuries are something to keep an eye on.
- Oklahoma Sooners: (4-0) Could Baker Mayfield have found some help, in Abdul Adams and Trey Sermon? Going into the bye week sitting pretty.
- Washington Huskies: (4-0) Another week and another good showing by a young hungry team.
- Michigan Wolverines: (4-0) The Defense is so good, but how long can they afford to wait on the offense to get right? Maybe the bye week is just what they need.
- Ohio State Buckeyes: (3-1) How do you improve ahead of conference play? You enjoy trips to cupcake city and that’s what they are doing.
- TCU Horned Frogs: (4-0)
I LOVE Gary Patterson all he does is get maximum effort from players others left behind. Always bounces back after a down year and his defense is legit year in and year out.
- Georgia Bulldogs: (4-0) Led by a group of awesome running backs and a frosh at QB who has NO FEAR the Dwags are on a roll. On the road to Tennessee next week, can they keep it going?
One thing us college football junkies love to do is overreact it what we do best. For 5 days, we live and die with our team’s performances and over think it all. Week 5 will provide plenty of MUST see games and for me, that is USC at Washington State, Clemson at Virginia Tech, and forget this past game Mississippi State and Auburn will be fun. Has anyone showed us they can BEAT Bama? And is it safe to say the Heisman Trophy is Saquon Barkleys to lose? Let’s talk shop follow our blog @NutsAndBoltsSP and me @JoeCardoso21.