If the season ended today, these would be the AFC playoff seeds:
1. Chiefs (9-1) 2. Steelers (6-2-1) 3. Patriots (7-3) 4. Texans (6-3) 5. Chargers (7-2) 6. Bengals (5-4)
In the hunt:
Titans(5-4), Dolphins (5-5).
If the season ended today, these would be the NFC playoff seeds:
1. Rams (9-1) 2. Saints (8-1) 3. Bears (6-3) 4. Washington (6-3) 5. Panthers (6-3) 6. Vikings (5-3-1)
In the hunt:
Packers(4-4-1), Falcons 4-5, Seahawks 4-5, Cowboys, 4-5, Eagles 4-5.
5 Things We Learned About Week 10 In The NFL:
5) Todd Bowles is stealing money in New York. Last season, when the Jets were 5-10,their management decided to give head coach, Todd Bowles a 2-year contract extension. Bowles is making about $4 million per year. That is $4 million too much. In four years running the team, Bowles has a record of 10-6 (no playoffs) 5-11, 5-11 and 3-7. The Jets lost on Sunday, at home 41-10 to the Buffalo Bills. The Bills are averaging 13.7 points per game. They scored more points on Sunday than they have scored over the past 4 weeks combined. Bowles should be fired immediately.
4) The Cincinnati Bengals fans deserve better: Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis fired his offensive coordinator last year. On Monday, he fired his defensive coordinator. Cincinnati announced Tuesday morning the recently-fired Cleveland Browns head coach, Hugh Jackson, has joined the Bengals as Special Assistant. Jackson had a record of 3-36-1 during his time with the Browns. There have been 219 coaches in NFL history who coached at least 40 games in their career. Jackson ranks 218th out of 219 coaches in career winning percentage. Lewis has a record of 0-7 in the playoffs. The entire Bengals fan base deserves a lot better.
3) Dear NFC East, The 1980’s called, They want their offense back:
- NY Giants are ranked 27th, scoring 18.8 points per game.
- Washington Redskins are ranked 26th, scoring 19.6 points per game.
- Dallas Cowboys are ranked 24th, scoring 20.1 points per game.
- Philadelphia Eagles are ranked 22nd, scoring 22.1 points per game.
2) How about those Tennessee Titans: Over the past three games the Titans lost to the Chargers 20-19. Tennessee went for the two point conversion at the end of regulation instead of playing for overtime and lost the game. Two weeks ago they went into Dallas and won 28-14. On Sunday, the Titans thoroughly dominated the New England Patriots 34-10. Quarterback, Marcus Mariota is now healthy after suffering nerve damage in his hand. Over the past three games he is has 6 total touchdowns and 1 interception. When the Titans throw on 1st down, Mariota has one of the highest completion percentages in all of football. This team could be peaking at the right team. Head coach Mike Vrabel has this team believing. The Titans still don’t have a legitimate #1 option on offense for their quarterback but, Corey Davis is getting better every week. In his 2nd year, Davis has 43 receptions and 2 touchdowns.
1) All Eyes are on Mexico for Monday Night’s game. The 9-1 Kansas City Chiefs will take on the 9-1 Los Angeles Rams Monday Night in Mexico. It is the first time since 1970 that two teams will be meeting with a 9-1 record this late in the season. The Chiefs and Rams are ranked 1 and 2 in almost every offensive category. The over under is 63.5 points combined.
The Sports Whisperer Top 5 Power Rankings:
#5 Pittsburgh Steelers
#4 Los Angeles Chargers
#3 New Orleans Saints
#2 Los Angeles Rams
#1 Kansas City Chiefs.
Follow the Sports Whisperer on Twitter: MonteJP231