By: Chandler Ragsdale
Houston, we are ready for take off. That is what everyone is starting to hear around major league baseball, and if you haven’t, you may want to jump on this “bandrocket” before it’s too late. I’d imagine that a lot of people are letting the wind from Chicago take them from Wrigley field right down to Houston, but they may just want to hold on a little bit longer too.
One Big Question
The Colorado Rockies have won 6 games in a row and are looking very good, but can they keep this pace up?
Answer: Yes they can, if they make one move. This team will need to go out and get a veteran starting pitcher before the trade deadline from another team. Cole Hamels could be an option if Texas keeps playing average baseball, or they might could even go out and get someone like Jason Hammel from KC. Either way, we know that this team has some great position players and can score runs, but their problem always seems to be pitching. This season their great young pitching and clutch closer Greg Holland have helped to turn that tide around for the Rockies, but come September, this team will need a veteran who can give them a quality start
when needed and help develop these great young pitchers that they have.
1. Houston Astros (Last Week: 1)- Like I mentioned earlier, if you aren’t on this rocket, it’s about to take off, and you might want to be on it. However, ironically enough, a guy with the name Dallas might make them wait longer than expected for this take-off. Ace Dallas Keuchel was just placed on the 10-Day DL with neck discomfort, so hopefully this is something that is minor and won’t keep Keuchel away from the ball club for too long.
2. Colorado Rockies (Last Week: 5)- The Rockies are red-hot currently, becoming winners now in their last 6 ball games. They have been taking it to the defending World Series Champion Cubs, and are now 23-10 on the road this season! With their pitching holding up, this team can seriously do some big things with the lineup that they have, and as they continue to gain more confidence, watch out NL West…
3. Washington Nationals (Last Week: 3)- The Nationals are still running away with their division, and are playing very well. Bryce Harper is back and in action for the team, and he even knocked part of the cover off of a foul ball Thursday night!
4. Los Angeles Dodgers (Last Week: 2)- The Dodgers lost 2 of 3 to the Nationals this past week, and are in need of another good starter to help put them over the top right now. If they aren’t careful, the Rockies or Diamondbacks might start to run away with the west before they know what hit them…
5. New York Yankees (Last Week: 4)- The Yankees definitely looked like a first place team against the Red Sox recently, winning 2 out of 3 games in the series, and winning those two games by scores of 8-0 and 9-1. When this lineup gets going, it’s hard to slow them down, and right now they look like they hitting on all cylinders.
6. Minnesota Twins (Last Week: 7)
7. Arizona Diamondbacks (Last Week: 6)
8. Boston Red Sox (Last Week: 8)
9. Milwaukee Brewers (Last Week: 10)
10. Cleveland Indians (Last Week: 9)