By: Joe Cardoso
The season is a month in and the heart attack moments and dream crushing totals are hitting a high note. We can all say Pre-Season polls mean nothing, and that college football is still one of the best sports around. After my usually routine of watching games, highlights, and talking heads here are my thoughts for the week.
- LSU throws “The Hat” back on the rack. Les Miles saved his job last year with some late season magic and hoped to ride it to the 2016 season, well here we are folks. The power of big money boosters is alive and well and 4 games in the program needs a new face. Talk about karma as former USC favorite Ed Orgeron take over for the season. My take is this two parts: LSU should have made this move during the offseason not four games in. And the second point is in my opinion he failed to take his offense to the next level. While other SEC schools walked into the 21st century he didn’t. As if everyone has a riding mower and the tigers still use a push mower. Must see TV how the rest of the season goes for this program and FYI the talent is there and this is a GREAT job for someone.
- Will anyone challenge Lamar Jackson for the Heisman Trophy? Another 7 touchdown day as the Cardinals rolled over Marshall. His first half was like watching Madden 17 LIVE on TV. Dalvin Cook has been so-so, Mr. Washington over at Clemson still has time to get in this thing but has yet to have the moment. Christian McCaffrey has a great chance to put his name back in the talk as Stanford faces off against Washington this weekend.
- Ok, Wisconsin I see you and I believe in the Badgers! I am a diehard Michigan fan but I respect what the Spartans have built over the years. It is not easy to win on the road and it’s even tougher when it’s a top-tier program like Michigan State. After beating LSU many people (including this guy) felt the badgers were not a contender. Now with two wins vs top 10 teams. A big showdown with Michigan this weekend and don’t look now but Madison could be the center of the CFB universe. T.J. Watt has been a BEAST and after being MIA for a few seasons we have the next good Badger running back his name is Corey Clement America write it down.
- Don’t sleep on this week some very nice matchup’s with a lot on the line. Louisville Vs Clemson, Wisconsin Vs Michigan, and Stanford Vs Washington. And you can bet a couple of unranked teams may shock a top tier program what else would we expect from the world of College Football.
- Notre Dame Football what is going on? With sky-high expectations, things have not been good, and the result is firing D-coordinator Brain VanGorder. For Duke, it was a GREAT win and will hold weight come bowl selection time. Giving up 505 yards a game on defense is not the way to win games. With this change will it cure all the issues with the golden dome? We shall see and the fan base is not even close to being happy with what it has seen so far.
Top 5 Teams
- Ohio State
Until next week fellow, CFB lovers keep up with Nuts And Bolts Sports @NutsAndBoltsSP and follow me @Cright.