5 Predictions for the 2015 NFL Offseason
The NFL Scouting Combine kicks off next week and the NFL offseason is underway. Here are my top 5 predictions for the offseason.
- Chiefs release OLB Tamba Hali and he signs with the Houston Texans.
– The Chiefs have some decisions to make this offseason, mostly around the outside linebacker position. Justin Houston is their number one priority and is an unrestricted free agent. It’s hard to have two high priced players at the same position, and Hali could be a casualty of Houston’s potential record deal.
Tali has connections to Texans defensive coordinator, Romeo Crennel, and with Jadevon Clowney realistically not expected back by week 1, the Texans need to add a pass rusher this offseason to compliment J.J. Watt.
- Broncos lose Julius Thomas and Terrance Knighton to the Oakland Raiders.
– Knighton has already expressed interest in following former defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio to Oakland and Julius Thomas, a childhood Raiders fan, may be soon to follow.
- Eagles trade up for Marcus Mariota.
– This would take a lot for Chip Kelly to make this move, but I believe it’s something he is going to try his best to accomplish. If Mariota is still around come pick #6, I expect the Eagles to make a move.
- Marshawn Lynch retires.
– He may be “all about that action,” but I believe we have seen the last of Marshawn Lynch. Just a hunch. Hope it doesn’t happen.
- Ndamakong Suh signs with Raiders; Devin McCourty signs with Titans; Byron Maxwell signs with Falcons; and Mark Sanchez signs with Bill.