By: Joe “Cartright” Cardoso
As the we are inching closer to the start one of my favorite times of the year the start of College Football. I asked my fellow CFB junkies Kristin Ashly and Monte Perez to join me in setting up a Pre Season Top 25. How do you not LOVE college football? The amazing tailgating and not just the booze but the family, friends, tailgating games and traditions. I’ve seen games at College Park, Death Valley, Chapel Hill and they are have a certain charm, passion and pride are the name of the game. 90 plus guys on a team and maybe 3 make it to the NFL the rest are on the field playing for whatever reasons they have most of which is for the love of the game. As we get ready for the 2015 season the overriding questions for most teams is QB play, replacing solid vets. Without further ado here is my top 25 can’t wait to see how this look after week 2!
1. Ohio State- LOADED PERIOD
2. TCU- So much skill and talent led by Trevone Boykin who’s Heisman Trophy run should be exciting and a nasty, nasty defense
3. Baylor- Led the nation in points and yards last season, in Art they trust. How long will it take for Seth Russell to run this high powered team?
4. Alabama- Derrick Henry is a STUD! It’s reload time in Bama with five star recruits all over and how do we not trust Nick Saban?
5.Michigan State- How do you not LOVE this teams heart after last seasons bowl game? 11 wins 4 of the past five seasons
6. USC- Are the Trojans back? It appears so Cody Kessler at QB is nice need to replace some stars at WR
7. Clemson- Down year for FSU and a perfect time to jump on top of the ACC. Deshaun Watson is a star in the making folks
8. Notre Dame- They have been so many wars, now it’s time to see it pay off, and get some pay back.
9. Auburn-Will Muschamp is back running the D, and Jeremy Johnson has the stuff to lead them back. War Eagle!
10. FSU- Banking on young talent jelling fast and Ex Notre Dame QB Everett Golson being “The Man”
11. Georgia- Nick Chubb is a BEAST that is all…….
12. UCLA- 18 starters back and super freshman Josh Rosen is replacing Hudley, a lot less hype vs last season
13. Oklahoma- Who’s the QB? Two studs who will have an impact EVERY Saturday..RB Samaje Perire and WR Sterling Shepard
14. Oregon Ducks- Offense must coming together QUICK. Can they make it without Marcus? Play makers for days but who gets them the ball?
15. Ole Miss- Must replace Bo Wallace at QB but that D is not who you want to see in a dark alley or take home to meet mama.
16. Arkansas- 15 starters back and in Bret Bielema we trust QB Brandon Allen must step it up but the RB position is a strong point.
17. Arizona-The two best players are the QB and LB I’d say that is a strong building block.
18. Georgia Tech-Led by Justin Thomas the ACC Coastal champs should repeat.
19. Wisconsin-Replace all world running back Melvin Gordon simple enough. As always MONSTER O Line and Defense must improve to be a contender.
20. LSU- QB play is the name of the game who is it? Coach Miles has horses but someone needs to lead them, got to be more consistent week to week. GEAUX TIGERS!
21. Tennessee- Wait is that Peyton Manning or Tee Martin walking through that door? Nooooo but this team is ready to pop 18 that’s right 18 starters back. Buckle up SEC East here come the Vols.
22. Boise State
23.Penn State- Great D and under coach Franklin the offensive will improve. Two tough road games vs OSU and MSU
24. Oklahoma State-
25. Nebraska- Mike Riley is not walking into a mess as many people think, I expect him to make some noise.