By: Joe Cardoso
The playoff picture is becoming more and more clearer with each passing week, and the true contenders are making a stand. We still have some major matchups coming down the pipe, and this week we have a big one with Alabama going up against Texas A&M. Unlike the Big 12 conference I won’t keep you waiting all day just to say nothing, here are my thoughts on week 7.
- Alabama is THE ONE and then there is everyone else. The tide went into Knoxville and busted up the Vols 49-10. And they played the backups a ton talk about depth and the non-offensive touchdowns total keeps growing (11). I think any talk that Ohio State could give this team a run needs to stop. The fact that Nick Saban can get a bunch of 5 star spoiled for life all-stars to ball out week in and out is major and needs to be recognized. Jalen Hurst is a freshman and has the goods to get it done. Texas A&M makes its way to Tuscaloosa and brings its pass rush with them. But I am not betting against the Tide at home. This should be the last test for the Tide this season and it’s smooth sailing to the playoff.
- Ohio State: The Buckeyes are rolling after getting road win number 20 in the row in overtime Saturday night. For such a young team these test will only help them grow as the season carries on. With “The Game” still on deck OSU knows what it has to do to make a return trip to New Year’s Eve magic. What better way to earn a trip then to beat the new up and coming kid on the block known as the Michigan Wolverines.
- Notre Dame: All the talk has been how long will Charlie Strong make it in Texas and we even had Purdue make a move and fire Darrell Hazell mid-season. So at what point do we shift the talk to Brian Kelly and what he has done with the Fighting Irish program? With a 2-5 record this season and Kelly blaming everyone from God himself to the players for the loss, when is enough, enough? Still facing Virginia Tech, Navy and USC the race to make a bowl game won’t get easier.
- The OK I See You Section: Nebraska Cornhuskers 6-0 first time since 2001 two big games left with Wisconsin and Ohio State on the road can they keep it up? West Virginia 5-0 my belief in the mountaineers has gone from a 4 to about a 7 out of 10. And the big 12 is so wacky you never know so I will keep an eye out.
- Lamar Jackson-Louisville
- J.T. Barrett-Ohio State
- Deshaun Watson- Clemson
- Jake Browning- Washington
- Jabrill Peppers- Michigan
If the playoffs started today who do I have in?
- Ohio State
Until next week college football fans! For more CFB talk follow me @Cright and our blog @NutsAndBoltsSportsSP