By: Joe Cardoso
Rivalry week is over and as always you NEVER look at the records, college football was pure old fashioned hate and good football. Tuesday we will see who makes the leap into the CFP top four and who made moves to maybe make a bigger bowl game as well. We saw 2 of the 3 unbeaten teams go down, and now REAL debate starts. If nothing else the lifeblood of the sport is the debate and arguments over who should be where. Miami and Alabama both took L’s on the road and helped some of the other teams move up. Championship week will also play BIG in placement for squads. This weekend had it all coaches getting the boot and rivals crushing hopes and dreams. Arkansas, Texas A&M, Nebraska, UCLA, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Arizona State, Florida all will have new men leading them next year. And in the case of the Vols the fans, students, and alumni said HELL NO to their first choice for head coach. What has happened to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish? And have you seen a better game then the UCF Vs USF game? WOW! My player of the week is a freshman who led his team to a huge upset victory and that is Kenny Pickett of Pittsburgh University. He made just enough plays to lead the Panthers to the win with his two rushing touchdowns and one through the air. The future is bright for Pitt at QB. And Pickett earned my weekly award. Here are the CFB rankings and top ten for the week. This was by far the hardest week for me to do my rankings, and that’s just how I like it!
CFB Playoff Rankings:
- Clemson Tigers: (11-1)
How Joe? Easy the team we saw on Saturday was the team we saw last year. The Tigers are hungry for a repeat and way too much talent on defense and Kelly Bryant is growing up FAST.
- Wisconsin Badgers: (12-0) They just keep winning and for those who are still not sold a championship game in Indy is another chance to show what they got. Great game by Alex Hornibrook 3 touchdowns.
- Oklahoma Sooners: (11-1) The game plan is easy, win one more game and next stop is a CFB spot.
- Auburn Tigers (10-2) Ok Jarrett Stidham I see you young man have a day! And they made it look easy against mighty Alabama.
- Alabama Crimson Tide: (11-1) Now the Tide get to feel what other teams deal with, the waiting and hoping other teams help you out. Errors are what cost them the Iron Bowl would hate to be at those practices this week.
- Georgia Bulldogs: (11-1)
My homie Jake Fromm keeps getting it DONE and if they can win in Atlanta he would have led them to the CFB Playoff. Biggest game of his career no doubt, but this team isn’t like Bulldog teams of the past.
- Miami Hurricanes: (10-1) The road is ALWAYS dangerous you better bring it and be focused or face defeat. All is not lost still an ACC Championship to play for and fingers crossed for major help.
- UCF Knights: (11-0) Game of the year HANDS DOWN, and the dream season shows no signs of slowing down. I want to personally apologize to Mckenzie Milton you young man are a beast and should be talked about. But will they make the final four?
- TCU Horned Frogs: (10-2) On to the Big 12 title game and could they sneak in the playoff? What a chance to send the Sooners home with a big bag of NOTHING.
- Ohio State Buckeyes: (10-2) Big Ten title game on deck, and another beatdown of my Michigan team which seems to be a yearly thing lately. Can they win without J.T. Barrett?
Championship week holds a ton of impact for so many teams it will be off the hook. While we wait for the latest rankings talk about who should go and why will fuel our passion for college football, and coaches are still on the move. Most people say Sunday nut I say Saturday’s in the fall are where it’s at. Keep the talk going by following our blog @NutsAndBoltsSP or me @JoeCardoso301.