By: Joe Cardoso
Turnover chains swinging and upset’s happening THIS was a college football Saturday for the ages. I’ve been riding the Georiga Bulldogs hype train all season and did NOT see the game going the way it did. Auburn is the best two-loss team in America and showed they may still be in the playoff conversation. If you are a true fan of college football there is NO way you don’t take what the Canes are doing in Miami seriously. Notre Dame has steamrolled all comers and barely lost to Georgia, but what we saw last night was a defense that is hungry to make plays and an offense that with each week gets better. Tuesday’s rankings will have some shakeups and I expect old reliable aka Alabama to be the top dog, they survived a true gut check and came out on top. Baker Mayfield once again is the leader for the Heisman and I won’t stop pumping up Khalil Tate to at least be invited to NYC, the kid is putting up stupid numbers. All in all, it was fun, wacky and who didn’t love every minute of it? My player of the week is none other than Mr. Mayfield when you hit on 67% of your passes and 333 yards as well as 533 total offense against a Gary Paterson defense you get my respect. Let’s check my playoff rankings and top ten shall will?
Week 11 Power Rankings:
- Alabama Crimson Tide: (10-0) The Tide faced a stern test in Starkville but Jalen Hurt took over late and lead the comeback. My question is how long until the injuries at linebacker come out to cost them a game?
- Miami Hurricanes: (9-0) Still think they haven’t played anybody? Still, think this whole chain business is just a funny joke? Ask Notre Dame how it feels, this team is the real deal and the swag of old is BACK, deal with it.
- Clemson Tigers: (9-1) Just another trip to the ACC Championship game maybe they should relocate the game to the Tigers home? I can not wait to see the game vs Miami it will have a TON on the line for both teams, dare I say it BEST ACC Championship game EVER? Too soon?
- Wisconsin Badgers: (10-0) You say I have them too high, I say the Big 10 is a legit conference and the Michigan game will be a test for sure. The first time in school history being 10-0.
- Oklahoma Sooners: (9-1) They won’t go away and that’s just how Boomer Sooner nation likes it. Anyone who thinks they are out of the race may want to look at them again. In Baker they trust.
- Auburn Tigers (8-2) My man Jake Fromm had a tough day due to a relentless Tigers D and an Auburn offense that is hitting its stride at the right time. HUGE, HUGE win for Auburn and knocks an SEC rival out of the playoff race. Next up is a cupcake know as Louisiana Monroe good luck to you.
- Georgia Bulldogs: (9-1) Oh man when it went bad, it went all the way bad for them. Zero running game, putting all the pressure of super freshman Jake Fromm who looked like a true freshman. With the way this season is going you can’t say a trip to the playoff is done, BUT man it got harder and the blueprint is out.
- UCF Knights: (9-0) Two weeks until they face USF and Scott Frost has his boys rolling. Say what you will about who they have played but the offense is so fun to watch. And who says Frost is leaving at season end?
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish: (8-2) Not the best day to be on the ND sidelines, another trip to Miami that ends with heartbreak. This was a bad loss.
- Ohio State Buckeyes: (8-2) I can’t figure this team out one week they look unbeatable and the next they look like a D-II squad. Great bounce back after what happened last week in Iowa City, and they lead the Big 10 east. Never say die Buckeyes.
No rest for anyone as we gear up for week 12 I would sum us this week as pretenders getting exposed. Week 12 looks on paper to be sooooooo boring but as we have learned NEVER assume a thing in the world of College Football. Let’s keep the talk going by following our blog @NutsAndBoltsSP and myself @JoeCardoso301