By: Joe Cardoso
Two days later and my heart rate is almost back to normal, after the weekends College Football week 3 action. Huge comebacks, unreal plays and a nice dose of cupcake city games made this past Saturday enjoyable. I still have 3 or so teams that while being undefeated they haven’t played anyone to truly test them. How sick are Vols fans after doing breaking the golden rule of Hail Mary defense NEVER LET THE RECEIVER GET BY YOU! Just one example of what happened all day. Special things are happening in So Cal as USC battled Texas to an overtime classic and who doesn’t love a walk-on ending a s the hero? Here are my week 3 rankings and storylines.
- Michigan, Penn State, Washington all undefeated BUT how good are they? Both have shown weakness that against the right team could have them exposed.
- Clemson defense is as good if not better than what I expected. They had Lamar Jackson running for his life.
- Butch Jones my man that seat has to be on FIRE right now. Will he make it the whole season?
- When was the last time a team beat down an LSU football team the way Mississippi State did?
Player Of The Week: Alex Hornibrook quarterback for Wisconsin had a DAY! 18-of19 256 yards and 4 touchdowns in a 40-6 win.
- Alabama Crimson Tide: (3-0) Jalen Hurst showed he could air it out when needed and the defense comes to work each and every week. The Vanderbilt D will give Hurts a challenge should be fun.
- Clemson Tigers: (3-0) STRONG case to be number one, and you really couldn’t get upset. I have talked about the defense all year and Kelly Bryant is showing us new skills every game.
- Oklahoma Sooners: (3-0) So much for a post Buckeyes rusty team, maybe for a quarter but they owned Tulane and will do the same to poor Baylor
- Penn State Nittany Lions: (3-0) Is this too high? Lucky for all of us Saturday vs Iowa we will find out and it’s a road game. What you got Nittany Lions?
- USC Trojans: (3-0) Looks like the defense is coming together and Sam Darnold wasn’t his sharpest on Saturday but they got the win and how cool is it to be Chase McGrath right now?
- Oklahoma State Cowboys: (3-0) I know, I know, I know Cowboys fans you have two road wins but I still have my questions. Something I don’t question is Mason Rudolph and those wideouts
- Michigan Wolverines: (3-0) At some point they have to get points on these drives you want touchdowns, but 3 is better than zero. Who is the next great Big Blue wideout? Anyone………I’ll wait.
- Washington Huskies: (3-0) Just rolling along and getting it done. Colorado is next
- Wisconsin Badgers: (3-0) Solid QB play from Alex Hornibrook will go a long way for them. The underrated squad who will surprise some people down the road.
- Ohio State Buckeyes: (2-1) Nothing like Army and UNLV to help work out the kinks. Big Ten play won’t be easy so best to get it fixed while you can.
They call week 4 separation Saturday since this is when we see what some teams are really made of. Games on my must-watch list include. TCU Vs OkSt, Miss St Vs UGA, and Penn St Vs Iowa.And don’t be shocked if the Wolfpack of N.C. State give Florida State all it can handle and maybe even win. Follow our blog @NutsAndBoltsSP or for more college football talk weekly reviews and power rankings debate follow me @JoeCardoso21