By: Joe Cardoso
The drama is FULL blown in the world of college football! Who had money on Troy going into LSU and getting a win? My sleeper team all season has been Georgia and they put the rest of the SEC on notice with a straight BEAT DOWN of Tennessee and Butch Jones is staying at a hotel this week along with Ed Orgeron two men on flaming hot seats. Remember when EVERYONE wanted the Red Bull loving coach O to lead the Tigers? How’s that working out for you now LSU? We saw USC take a tough loss at Washington State and I am still upset I made plans to be free for Virginia Tech Vs Clemson what a DUD. Some serious shake-up in my rankings and this was one of the hardest rankings I’ve had so far. A lot of teams knocking on the top 10 but a lot of ball to play.
My player of the week this week was easy, he has already passed the 1,000-yard mark and is climbing the Heisman Trophy list. Stanford running back Bryce Love went OFF!! 301 yards rushing and he is averaging 11 yards per carry? What in the world? The kid is stupid fast and since the Cardinals aren’t on TV a ton he will need more efforts like this to get his name on the list. Let’s check this week’s rankings.
- Clemson Tigers: (5-0):
The Tigers are good people. I mean REALLY good playmakers on both sides of the ball and they play with an edge. Perhaps having fans and media like me not giving them the respect they deserve. For now, I am ALL IN.
- Alabama Crimson Tide: (5-0) Why number 2 all of a sudden Joe? Well, it comes down to the level of competition. Clemson has had more. BUT it must be exciting for Bama fans to see Jalen Hurts get better and start to gel with OC Brian Daboll.
- Penn State Nittany Lions: (4-0) ZERO let down off the Iowa win as Heisman favorite Saquon Barkley started things off with a 98-yard opening kickoff touchdown. Can Northwestern provide a challenge?
- Oklahoma Sooners: (4-0) The Bye week should have come at a perfect time to focus on some holes on defense and get healthy.
- Georgia Bulldogs: (5-0) I LOVE a good defense. Give me a pack of wild dogs flying after the ball and crushing players. Week to week the Dwags are forming that type of D. Could this weekend’s win have been the final nail in Butch Jones coffin at Tennessee? Just keeping doing your thing Mr. Cubb and Michel.
- Washington Huskies: (5-0)
When this team works out the kinks they work them out! Bounced back from a bad first half to cruise to win and California is next. The Pac 12 needs to beware of the Huskies.
- Michigan Wolverines: (4-0)
Why, hello John O’Korn! Nice game kid could you be the answer at QB Big Blue has been looking for? A rivalry game on deck big week for the Wolverines.
- TCU: (4-0) Just as soon as the Horned Frogs get into the top 10 they face a dangerous West Virginia team. They will be ready and this will be a fun game and on my must-watch list.
- Washington State Cougars: (5-0) Down goes USC. Luke Falk is a baller, now can he keep it up and I can’t wait until the Apple Cup.
- Ohio State: (4-1)
Nice tune-up game before they face the Terps who have nothing to lose. Urban will get them back on the right track he is too good and they have talent all over the field.
It is already known that we know NOTHING about this season and that’s awesome. My must-see games for the upcoming week are Miami Vs Florida State, West Virginia Vs TCU, Michigan State Vs Michigan and Louisville Vs N.C. State. We are getting closer to the first round of CFB playoff rankings and more meaningful games. Let’s keep the conversation going follow us @NutsAndBoltsSportsSP and me @JoeCardoso21.